Corporate or Nonprofit Organization Memberships
Organizational members may be admitted as CAST Members or Associate Members based on their level of annual contributions in the form of annual dues.
Corporate members contributing at a minimum $25,000 annual level and nonprofit members contributing at a minimum $5,000 annual level are invited to select and sponsor a member of the Board of Representatives to participate in the CAST Work Groups. Membership is granted on application, which must be approved by a majority vote of the Board of Directors and payment of dues.
Those contributing below the minimum level may contribute financially at the annual level of their choice and will receive all membership benefits but will not have a CAST Representative. Associate Members are invited to provide input and participate in CAST processes by submitting proposals and topics for consideration to members of the Work Groups and the Board of Representatives, and they will be invited to attend some Work Group meetings as invited guests and stakeholders.
Members and Associate Members Benefits
- Each corporate or nonprofit organization has at least one representative who serves as the contact person for CAST and who receives all CAST mailings, including renewal materials each fall; additional individuals may be designated to receive CAST publications and mailings
- Publications written by task forces of volunteer scientific authors with distribution to members, Congress, congressional staff, regulatory agencies, and media
- Opportunity to propose topics and issues to the CAST Board of Directors for consideration
- Washington representation: Meyers and Associates
- Presence in public policy decision making through publications, briefings, roundtables, and other events, CAST represents the science perspective
- Association with preeminent science source for food, agricultural, and environmental issues
- Partnering opportunities with CAST in events such as roundtables, workshops, or conferences
- Networking and awareness of all sectors of science
- Web site at http://www.cast-science.org
- Friday Notes, a weekly e-mail update on current events in Washington, D.C., and additional e-mail update service on CAST activities are available
Organization Contribution Requirements
Board of Representatives Member:
Corporate Members $25,000
Nonprofit Members $5,000
No Board of Representatives Member:
Corporate or Nonprofit Associate Members Annual level of choice below minimum level
For more information regarding membership please contact our membership department at 515-292-2125 ext 224.