CAST 2012 Annual Report–Expanding Our Horizons
The theme of the 2012 Annual Report is the expansion of CAST into the realms of publication translations and videos, as well as our ever-growing social media presence. These areas have been a part of CAST for longer than the past year, but a concentrated effort became obvious in 2012 that will continue to grow.
Included in the report are the following:
- Letters from John Bonner, the CAST EVP/CEO during 2012, and Phil Stahlman, current CAST President.
- Summaries of the Spring Board of Directors’ Meeting and the Fall Annual Meeting.
- A look at the publication and rollout events that took place during 2012.
- The “Year at a Glance” section, which lists monthly highlights in and out of the CAST office.
- Information about the 2012 Borlaug CAST Communication Award and its winner, Carl Winter.
- CAST’s statement in the social media world.
- Membership lists, both individual and sustaining.
- Stories concerning CAST’s involvement with the FFA and Iowa State University, as well as a piece about the 2012 student administrative assistants.
The report is available on the CAST website–in the “About Section” under “Annual Reports” (www.cast-science.org/about/annual_reports).
Help Support CAST
Your donation to CAST helps support the CAST mission of communicating science to meet the challenge of producing enough food, fiber and fuel for a growing population. Every gift, no matter the size, is appreciated.