Why Should You Become a Member of CAST?
Activities of the Council for Agricultural Science and Technology are made possible by support from members. CAST addresses issues of animal sciences, food sciences and agricultural technology, plant and soil sciences, and plant protection sciences with inputs from economists, social scientists, toxicologists or plant pathologists and entomologists, weed scientists, nematologists, and legal experts. In order to continue to provide projects and publications that are vitally important to the agricultural community, legislators, and the general public, we rely on financial support.
- Your generous support will help strengthen CAST’s position at the international forefront of science communication.
- Friday Notes—CAST’s weekly signature electronic newsletters. Each issue features lead articles on timely ag topics; dozens of live links to current ag news items; congressional updates from Meyers and Associates; advance notices on CAST’s publications and activities; and more.
- Publications. With every publication release, you may request one free printed copy of new Issue Papers, Special Publications, and Task Force Reports. Commentaries and Ag quickCASTs are available as free downloads from the CAST website.
- “Members Only” web access. This gives you the ability to download the full text of all CAST publications for free and also access archived issues of past Friday Notes.
- Recognition of your support. Your membership is recognized in the CAST Annual Report and on the website.
- CAST is a qualified 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Therefore, your membership contribution may qualify as a charitable contribution under IRS guidelines.
For more information, select a membership type from the menus on the left, or contact our membership department at 515-292-2125 ext 224.