Why Should You Become a Member of CAST?
Activities of the Council for Agricultural Science and Technology are made possible by support from members. CAST addresses issues of animal sciences, food sciences and agricultural technology, plant and soil sciences, and plant protection sciences with inputs from economists, social scientists, toxicologists or plant pathologists and entomologists, weed scientists, nematologists, and legal experts. In order to continue to provide projects and publications that are vitally important to the agricultural community, legislators, and the general public, we rely on financial support.
Benefits of Membership
- Your generous support will help strengthen CAST’s position at the international forefront of science communication.
- Receive Friday Notes —CAST’s signature electronic newsletter. Issue features include:
- Lead articles on current topics being discussed in agriculture;
- Current events and opportunities;
- News from the Far Side of the Barn (a less serious look at what's going on in agriculture);
- More than 60 current agricultural news items selected from multiple sources, including live links to the original articles;
- Washington, D.C., congressional updates from Meyers and Associates;
- Advance announcements of upcoming CAST publications and activities; and
- Information about CAST’s members and activities.
- Receive CAST’s respected publications and "members only" website access.
- CAST is a qualified 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Therefore, your membership contributions may qualify as charitable contributions under IRS guidelines.
For more information, select a membership type from the menus on the left, or contact our membership department at 515-292-2125 ext 224.